The Finest Campground in Dutchess County, New York
Offering Great Camping near Poughkeepsie in the Hudson Valley
On a Private Beach along the Scenic Shores of Sylvan Lake!
Sylvan Lake Beach Park invites you to enjoy a quality camping getaway at our secluded Dutchess County Campground. Our quiet, prime location near Poughkeepsie, excellent amenities and easy access to Hudson Valley attractions combine to make our campground a great destination.
Our New York Campground Location - A Convenient Dutchess County Locale
Sylvan Lake Beach Park is located in Hopewell Junction, Dutchess County - near Poughkeepsie in the Hudson Valley region, just an hour north of New York City. We offer easy access to and from I-84, I-87 and other major highways of the region. Click Here for Driving Directions, Map & More! A Beautiful Hudson Valley Setting. Sylvan Lake Beach Park is set on 65 wooded, open acres along a private Sylvan Lake beach.
Located along the shore of a crystal clear 120-acre spring fed lake and provides:
- Sandy Beach - Relax along the shore of a beautiful lake.
- Fishing - Cast a line to reel in trout, bass, walleye, carp, catfish and more. Must have a NYS fishing license.
- Designated Swimming Areas - Enjoy swimming in the clear, beautiful water on Sylvan Lake!
- Boating - We offer a boat ramp for boating on the lake in canoes, kayaks, sailboats, row boats and electric trollers - no gas engines.
Sylvan Lake Beach Park is a prime destination for an enjoyable, relaxing fun and games:
- Playground - The littlest campers will have hours of fun on the playground!
- Horseshoe Pits - Pitch a few in this old-time favorite.
- Volleyball - How's your serve?
- Basketball Hoop - Work on your game or play a game of "HORSE."
- Open Fields for Ball Games - Bring your equipment to enjoy football, baseball, softball and more!
- Plus Large Campsites and Quality Facilities to Make the Most of Your Stay!
Sylvan Lake Beach Park is convenient to the wide variety of attractions and activities in the area, including:
- Golf Courses
- Hudson Valley Wine Trail
- Historic Sites
- Plus U-Pick Farms, Churches of All Denominations, Flea Markets and Much More!